Diode Dynamics Flush Mount Reverse Light Kit
Overview. Add significantly more light output when backing up at night with our Stage Series Flush Mount Reverse Light Kit! This kit allows you to mount two flush mount SSC1 or SSC2 LED pods in your rear bumper, adding a high-power reverse light, along with a red accent light. With the included wiring harness, this kit connects to your vehicle’s wiring for simple, everyday operation.
Backlight Functionality. The Stage Series LED pods included with this kit feature a distinctive backlight feature in a vibrant red color which can be used as additional accent lights while driving! The backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing a more unique and modern look than the small indicator LEDs found in other products.
Simple connections. The included wiring harness allows you to connect this kit to your vehicle’s wiring for simple, everyday operation. The kit operates as an additional red accent light, with your tail lights, and then automatically switches to a high-power backup light when your vehicle is in reverse. The included toggle switch allows you to override the vehicle signals and turn on the main beam anytime.
Focused. Traditional optics like reflectors or simple lenses lose light internally and to glare, so not all of the light shines on target. Instead, the custom-engineered TIR optic in our Stage Series pods collects all of the light from the LED, and directs it only where you need it, drastically reducing glare and improving total efficiency. Click here to learn more: Total Internal Reflection (TIR) Optics | Stage Series Video.
From there, while other options on the market lose as much as 10% of the light output shining through an outer lens, the custom-molded TIR optic in the Stage Series LED pods serves as both the optic and main lens for greater efficiency and light output (patent pending). Thanks to this innovative feature, when coupled with high-intensity LED chips, the total intensity of our pods is much greater than other LED pods using basic optics or reflectors with a standard outer lens.
Functional Patterns. All Stage Series beam patterns were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern.
Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 50×50 degree spread of light on the SSC1 LED pod, and a 60×60 degree spread on the SSC2 LED pod. Unlike generic “flood” lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout.
Sport or Pro. Stage Series LED pods are available at two different power levels. Both options use high-intensity LED emitters, and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. However, the Pro option is double the amount of total power. Click the Specifications tab to see more information!
Proven Reliability. Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like factory components. They’ve also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.
- Two (2) SSC1 or SSC2 Flush Mount LED Pods
- One (1) Universal Reverse Light Wiring Harness
- Two (2) Flush Frame Gaskets
- Ten (10) Zip Ties
- Two (2) T-Taps
- Mounting hardware and drilling template
- Quantity: Two (2)
- Warranty: 8 year warranty
- Allows for flush installation of SSC1 or SSC2 LED pods in the rear bumper.
- Connects to vehicle wiring for simple, everyday operation.
- Provides high-power reverse light, and red accent light.
- Durable powder coated aluminum construction.
- Designed and assembled in USA.
- Datasheet(s) (click to download): SSC2 Sport White Flush Mount, SSC2 Pro White Flush Mount
- Color Temp (CCT): 6000K
- Power (watts): SSC1 Sport: 12.8, SSC1 Pro: 19, SSC2 Sport: 7.7, SSC2 Pro: 25.6
- Operating Voltage: 9-16V
- Current (amps @ 12.8V): SSC1 Sport: 1, SSC1 Pro: 1.5, SSC2 Sport: 0.6, SSC2 Pro: 2
- Polarity: Polarity Specific
- Operating Temperature: -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F)
- LED Emitter: Luxeon Z ES, Cree XP-L HI
- Connector(s): Deutsch DT Input
- Driver Features: Constant Current
- Materials: Polycarbonate Lens, Aluminum Casting, Rubber Gasket
- Cooling: Passive, Pin-Fin heatsink
- Compliance Ratings: SAE J575 Durability Test
- Intrusion Ratings: IP67 Weatherproof
- Unit Weight (lb): SSC1: 3.1 SSC2: 3.3
- Product Weight (lb): SSC1: 3.5 SSC2: 4