JW Speaker Model 234
SNOW AND ICE: won’t stop this tail light! The JW Speaker Model 234 are the industry’s first LED tail lights that offers SmartHeat® technology to de-ice lenses, enabling year-round use while providing superior visibility, extreme durability and unmatched longevity.
SmartHeat® Heating System: The heated versions of the JW Speaker Model 234 feature a SmartHeat® heating system that automatically de-ices lens.
Street legal supporting DOT standards: DOT versions are for use in the U.S. DOT-compliant guarantees that your lights are legal on the road, meeting section 108 requirements of the Federal Motor Safety Standards. Your DOT-compliance is clearly etched on the lens of the light.
SMARTHEAT™ HEATING SYSTEM
The SmartHeat™ heating system senses ambient temperature and turns the integrated heating system in the lens on & off. This system actually clears ice & snow twice as fast as conventional halogen lamps.
When does the heater turn on? Heater turns on or off according to temperature changes and vehicle power:
• Heater will turn on when temperatures drop, generating enough heat to prevent ice build-up.
• Heater will turn on when powering up, de-icing the light as rapidly as possible.
When does the heater turn off? Heater will turn off when it senses temperatures increase and are above the high temperature threshold
Installation Instructions: The JW Speaker Model 234 offers drop-in replacement for any 4″ round tail light. Installation requires the black wire (for the heater) to be connected in order for the heater to work. Turn off power before installing it.
Summary: Model 234 tail lights from J.W. Speaker have three versions: (1) a red stop/tail/turn, (2) an amber turn, and (3) a clear reverse signal. All are designed to be a drop-in replacement for 4″ round tail lights using rubber mounting rings and 3-pin Packard connectors. Installation is plug & play with minimal downtime. To accommodate vehicles using a different connector, J.W. Speaker also provides a lamp that comes with 3-pin Packard connector wire harness.
- Height: 20.28 mm / 0.8 in
- Width: 110.14 mm / 4.34 in
- Depth: 39.53 mm / 1.56 in
- Shape: Round
- Outer Lens Material: Polycarbonate
- Outer Lens Color: Clear
- Housing Material: Polycarbonate
- Housing Color: Black
- Bezel Color: Red
- Mounting Type: Grommet
- Connector or Wiring: Bare Leads
- Mating Connector: 3-Pin AMP Connector (#282087-1)
- Product Weight: 0.36 lbs / 0.16 kgs
- Shipping Weight: 0.54 lbs / 0.24 kgs
- Additional Information: Power supplied in any mode will power
the heater. If power is not supplied to
the heater, the light will not be heated.
Turn off power before installing